WINTER PACKING LIST
Please keep in mind that we are providing a rustic backcountry experience!
- Skis, splitboard and skins, or snowshoes (make sure all equipment is durable and in good working condition before leaving)
- Boots that you have previously broken in
- All necessary safety equipment for traveling in avalanche territory, including beacons, probes, shovels with the knowledge of how to use them.
- Headlamp/flashlight with extra batteries
- Small personal first-aid kit
- Leatherman or knife
- Water bottle
- Topo maps of the area (Check out the local Forest Service office in Moab for more information – 435.259.7155)
CLOTHING AND PERSONAL GEAR
- Layered clothing – preferably not cotton – Long johns, thermal tops, insulating layers
- Wool Socks – 1 pair per day
- Waterproof/windproof jacket/shell
- Down/synthetic coat
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves/mittens
- Extra pair of lighter gloves/mittens
- Loungewear – soft pants, cozy sweaters, warm socks
- Indoor shoes/slippers/down booties
- Personal towel
- Personal Care Items: toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant, sunscreen, feminine products, ibuprofen and any other medications you require. Ear plugs in the case of noisy bunk mates.
- Entertainment items: Books, games, iPod & speakers & instruments are nice to have at the end of the day. We stock some games/magazines/books (Keep in mind there is no electricity or ability to charge devices)
- Food for all meals including seasonings and oils
- All beverages, coffee and tea
- Insulated travel mug
- Water: In the winter, we do not provide water but supply large melting pots and purifying tablets.
- You must bring ALL bedding: Pillows, weather-appropriate sleeping bag (0 degree recommended) or sheets & blankets – Temps inside the yurt can drop down to outside temps if someone isn’t up stoking the fire.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Please note, there is no electricity in the yurts. Come with a fully-charged cell phone and keep on Airplane Mode or OFF to conserve battery for emergencies. Consider bringing a small solar charger or battery pack to keep you electronics charged.
- Our yurts are pet-free – NO EXCEPTIONS. Please leave your furry friends at home. Please see the links located on our RESOURCES page for kennels and boarding options in Moab.
- A snow sled is a great alternative to a backpack. A sled can carry more volume and weight than a regular backpack.