SUMMER PACKING LIST
Please keep in mind that we are providing a rustic backcountry experience. Yurts are not accessible by vehicle, but we provide a handcart for the 100-yard walk. The nearest gas station is 25 miles from the yurt.
SUMMER PACK LIST: Please note: Weather in the La Sal Mountain Range can be varied and unpredictable. Nighttime temperatures often drop significantly and a summer thunderstorm will descend on you with little notice. Please be prepared with proper equipment and clothing.
- Boots that you have previously broken in
- Trekking Poles
- Small daypack
- Headlamp/flashlight with extra batteries
- Small personal first-aid kit
- Leatherman or knife
- Water bottle
- Topo maps of the area (check out the local Forest Service office in Moab for more information 435.259.7155)
- Guidebooks and field guides
- Layered light & medium weight clothing – preferably not cotton
- Wool Socks – 1 pair per day
- Down jacket/parka/vest – Even in the summer, nighttime/morning temps are low.
- Rain Gear: Waterproof/windproof jacket/shell, rain pants
- Indoor shoes/slippers
- Personal towel
- Personal Care Items: toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant, sunscreen, insect repellent, feminine products, ibuprofen and any other medications you require. Ear plugs in case of noisy bunk mates
- Entertainment items: Books, games, iPod & speakers & instruments are nice to have at the end of the day. We stock some games/magazines/books (Keep in mind there is no electricity or ability to charge devices)
- Food for all meals including seasonings and oils (we provide salt & pepper)
- All beverages, coffee and tea
- Water: In the summer, we provide 2 gallons of water per person per night reserved, to be used for cooking/cleaning/drinking. Please be sure to accurately state the number of occupants you are booking for so we can provide enough water for all.
- You must bring ALL bedding: Pillows, weather-appropriate sleeping bag (30 degree recommended) or sheets & blankets – Even in the summer months, nighttime temps can drop significantly.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Please note, there is no electricity in the yurts. Come with a fully-charged cell phone and keep on Airplane Mode or OFF to conserve battery for emergencies. Consider bringing a small solar charger or battery pack to keep you electronics charged.
- Our yurts are pet-free – NO EXCEPTIONS. Please leave your furry friends at home. Please see the links located on our RESOURCES page for kennels and boarding options in Moab.